Senior Data Engineer - Banking as a Service
We are on the hunt for a tech-savvy, visionary and innovative Senior Data Engineer to join our Insights team in building on our Banking as a Service Platform. We are building an organization and culture of highly autonomous product teams with the innovation power to give our customers the future of banking. We are looking for someone who wants to work in an organization where data is at core in absolutely everything and wants to use data to transform the banking industry for good.
About the team
You are part of a team that consists of two other Data Engineers, one Data Scientist and all of you are led by the Engineering Manager of Insights. Together you work to enfuse and implement a solid data driven way of working and work cross functional throughout the organization.
What you’ll do
Of course, your focus areas will most definitely change as the business develops. Because it really does. All the time, very fast. But to start with, here are some things we really would like you to dig into:
- Initiate and drive new projects scaling and developing our data stack
- Build cloud scalable, real-time and high-performing data solutions leveraging GCP
- Build sustainable capabilities for data reporting, data analytics, data governance, data quality and metrics in all aspects of the business
- Create and drive implementations of data management projects to support the target architecture
- Coach and guide junior colleagues
Our tech stack is fully on GCP, where we use BigQuery as our data warehouse and Looker as our data exploration and visualization tool. Our data pipelines are built using Kafka, Apache Airflow and Apache Beam with dbt as a tool for modeling data.
Who you are
While we realize you might not match everything on the list to be a successful candidate for the position, you have most likely a vast experience from a variety of positions in the big data field. This position requires knowledge, interest and experience in performing some of the following:
- A great team spirit, a collaborative mindset and a strong will to drive and improve
- Programming with Spark, Python, Java or Scala
- Experience with GCP, Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of different data pipeline tools e.g. Apache Beam, Apache Airflow, Kafka
- Experience in working with data in a fast-faced, entrepreneurial environment where analytics and data are key to succeed
- An innovative and nothing-is-impossible attitude regarding how data can be used to enhance the business
We see that you are a communicative team player that has a growth mindset and who gets highly motivated to deliver value for the business.
What do you get in return
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an exciting initiative that is extraordinary in its purpose and setup. A 160 year old bank with the mission to stay relevant for another 160 years. Your knowledge, personality and drive will be key for SEBx to succeed. You will join this journey early and will have the opportunity to influence the culture and WoW. We offer you the best from both the scale-up world and the big bank. Autonomy, speed and flexibility of a startup. Experience, safety and long term thinking of an incumbent bank. We offer a competitive compensation package with great pension and overall bank benefits!